Monday, December 10, 2012

A partridge in a pear tree

Little by little I am getting my Christmas décor up. It's a lot slower process this year with my nearly one-year-old little guy underfoot!

Due to my limited time for decorating, I need projects that are simple to create, but still look elegant.

So here's what I came up for for the centrepiece on the sideboard in my dining room - a pear tree using my cupcake stand.


The pears are from the grocery store (obviously) and cost about $5 for a dozen. The glittery little bird came from the dollar store. Now I realize it's not exactly a partridge, but work with me here, OK?


I designed the banner on my computer and printed it. Then cut it out and taped some jewelry wire to the back of it so I could manipulate it to fit around the pears. It's secured to the pears with a bit of tape also.


And that's all there was to it!


One thing to note, is that using fresh fruit puts a limited time on your décor. I bought the pears about 4 days ago and they are already starting to get a little too ripe. I will have to replace them soon. Maybe I will look into buying artificial ones, but I think REAL pears have such an elegance to them!

I'm linking up to these parties this week. Check them out!


6 comments:

  1. beautiful...maybe you could spray paint them once they discolor...then they would still be real pears!! love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great Heather!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great use of something you already have at home!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marisa! I love finding uses for things I already have around the house.

      Delete

I appreciate your comments and read every one!